Thursday, November 12, 2009

8 Weeks Old

Today you are eight weeks old. 56 day you have been in my life. They have been the most amazing and wonderful days I have ever had. I spend most days sitting with you in my rocking chair, staring at you, smelling your sweet baby smell, kissing your tiny toes, stroking your gorgeous hair, and enjoying every moment of the last 56 days. I have only two weeks and four days before I have to return to work. My heart breaks thinking that I will be away from you for 9 hours each day. How can I live without having you close to me every second. You will be with your Auntie Christina, the best sitter a boy could every have. So I am not worried about you in the least. But I am sad for me. I am sad for the sweet moments that I will miss out on. But I am going to rush home each day and pick you up as soon as possible because you and your sister are more important than ANY job.

You are growing and changing each day. Your steel grayish eyes are slowly turning into to this deep delicious chocolate brown. I have a feeling they are going to match your big sister's soon. You have grown in length and you're quite the chunky monkey. So scrumptious! Even though you are only two months old you are wearing 3-6 months clothes!! You still have all your dark hair and side burns(oh, so cute!). Most people say you look like Daddy but I disagree. I think you look more like me and my baby pictures.

You are still very snuggley. You love to cuddle. In fact, after your first feeding in the middle of the night, you end up staying in our bed and cuddling until morning. At first, I tried to put you back in the bassinet. You would just grunt and complain until I put you next to me. Then you would quiet down instantly. After a while of trying this each night, I just gave up. Now I can't wait for you to wake up in the middle of the night so we can snuggle all night. I have to enjoy this stage because soon you will be holding your head up and wanting to face the world instead of laying your head on my shoulder.

You still hardly ever cry. When you are hungry you start off grunting (I have yet to get it on video. I am working on it) You only cry if I wait to long to feed you. You just have this calmness about you. You are content wherever you are. But I am most content when you are in my arms. You will be lucky if you are ever allowed to crawl or walk. I promise I will stop carrying you by high school. Haha.

So far you've had a pretty exciting life. You have been to Disneyland three times already. Your first ride you ever went on was the Carousel. You have also been on Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Monsters Inc., and Winnie the Pooh. You slept through most of them. You have even been to the movies already. Your Auntie Jennie, Cousin Sara, and I took you to see This Is It, the Michael Jackson film. You watched the screen for most of the movie and you seemed to really enjoy the music.


I just love you so much. Thank you for the best 56 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment