Thursday, April 1, 2010

6 months

My Dear Nathan,

It has been almost forever since I have written on this here blog. Within these past couple of months, you have grown tremendously. You are just a little over six months yet you are in size 12-18 month clothes. I call you my little giant. You are still mellow and cuddly and lovable. You are just the sweetest boy. On my lap is your most favorite place to be.

Over the weekend, March 27th, you got your very first tooth. On Saturday you were sitting on my lap and gave me this huge grin. I saw something white in your mouth and got worried that you were trying to eat something. But I looked real close and there it was. The world's teeniest, tiniest, most adorable little chomper ever. I can't believe my baby boy has a TOOTH!

You are rolling over now. At first you could only roll from your back to your belly. Then you would fuss and fuss because you HATE being on your belly. But now you have figured out how to get back over, and now all is right with your world. Although, as I said earlier, you would prefer to be on my lap or just in my arms.

You are still not sleeping through the night. Most nights I am ok with this. You are with your Auntie all day while I'm at work so the nights are our time together. But lately you have been waking up more than twice a night and I have to admit I am exhausted. So let's make a deal. Once a night feedings from now on and I will be a happy momma!

You are eating solids foods now, too. Your first taste of rice cereal was February 13th. You ate it like a champ. Now I am slowing introducing your to more and more flavors each week. So far you have had applesauce, peas, green beans, broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, and pears. All these foods are homemade by yours truly. It's a little time consuming but totally worth the benefits of fresh, home-cooked baby food. Nothing but the best for my little guy.

Probably my most favorite characteristic of yours so far is your adorable laugh and HUGE smile. Sometimes Daddy or I can get you laughing so hard, over and over again. Daddy shakes this orange monkey toy in front of your face and you think it is the funniest thing in the whole world. And the smile that goes with your laugh is priceless. The grin takes over your whole face. You smile with not just your mouth, but you chubby cheeks and your chocolate brown eyes. it seriously can light up a room!

I could go on and on about how amazing you are. I can't get enough of you! I thank God every day that I was blessed enough to be your momma. I love you Nathan Garrett!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment